SECTION 1 – COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personally identifiable information such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. We also collect anonymous demographic information (information which is not unique to you) such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the site.
If you directly disclose personal identifiable information or personally sensitive data this information may be collected and used by others. Note: We do not read any of your private online communication.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of any websites that you link to from our site so you understand how those sites collect, process and share your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or any other content on any other website.
SECTION 2 – USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may, from time to time, contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists or databases to any third parties.
We will never use or disclose your sensitive personal information (such as your race or religion) without your explicit consent.
We may track the websites and pages our customers visit within Brandon’s Pool Care in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customised content and advertising to customers whose online behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Our site will disclose your personal information without notice to you only if required to do so by law, on in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; protect and defend our rights or property; and/or while acting under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of our users, or the public.
SECTION 3 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- object to receiving direct marketing or communication from us via the tools provided on our website or by communicating with us directly;
- access the personal information that we hold about you;
- ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you; and
- request amendments to the personal information that we hold about you.
- To access the personal information we hold about you, or to request that such data be amended or deleted, you may contact our data protection officer Kev Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that once your personal information has been deleted, you will no longer be able to sign into our website or use our services.
SECTION 4 – COOKIES
We use “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that used the cookie to you.
- to identify which areas of our website you have visited or customised, so the next time you visit, those pages or settings are easily accessible;
- to store your location, which allows us to display to you content that is more relevant to you;
- to store your device type, which allows us to display a version of our website best suited to your device;
- to monitor and enable some aspects of website analytics as explained in point 1 above, which helps us make our website more usable, provide better assistance to users and compile aggregated and statistical analytics reports;
- to enable many of the other functions and options available on our website – for example, recommending content to you;
- with our advertisers, to ascertain how many times you’ve seen an advertisement or clicked on it, or to personalise the advertising content, banners and promotions that you see on our website.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or allow it to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept cookies, your experience on this and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
SECTION 5 – SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We undertake to use our best efforts to secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as your credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If you are a registered user or subscriber on our website, we retain most of your personal data for as long as your account is active. If you are a subscriber and your subscription has lapsed, we may delete some elements of your information. Our subscription department will warn you ahead of time that your subscription is due for renewal so you can keep your account active. Some of your personal data may over time be aggregated and anonymised to create analytics reports about our website.
SECTION 7 – CONTACT INFORMATION